While trying to buy mini parts you might come across an R-code e.g. R50, R52, R53, R56 or R57.
So here’s some important facts:
- Mark1 (1st generation) has a Facelift in 2004 – the position of the interior clock is the key. if it’s positioned in the centre, it’s a facelift. if it’s up near the interior mirror/sun visor, then your’s is pre-facelift.
- R50 = 1st generation, Cooper, One and One D
- R52 = 1st generation Cooper S
- R53 = 1st generation Cabriolet (all models which are cabriolet)
- R56 = 2nd generation, all models which came in 2006/2007